S14 Valve Cover Garnish

Jack (AZNDOC) from Jordan Innovations was doing a test run of carbon valve cover garnishes and wanted me to do some test fitting for him so he gave me this guy here. I had to run to the local hardware store to grab some m5 hex heads bolts about 20mm and 2 15mm due to the humpback. I got some 25mm just in case but didn't need them. I'm sure I'll find a use for them in the future.


I first tried the test fit with washers to simulate using the oem garnish bolts. But that didn't workout too well, It's a super tight mold so it's not exact so I was going to have to forgo the washers.

With some slight trimming/grinding to assist with how flush and even this thing sat once you torque'd the bolts down and fix some mounting issues. I think the end result isn't too bad.




Not too bad I don't think. It's something I suppose, also noticed my O2 sensor wasn't hooked up so plugged that back in. This was all after I had went to Mission Hills earlier today to meet up with another Zilvian to score some shwag. I grabbed an a/c dryer and a new hood prop with an undamaged rubber grommet. Price wasn't too bad. I only needed the grommet and the a/c dryer but it's all good. I'm close to having all of the components necessary to start my a/c project. Or finish it per say. 

Since I had a spare hood prop I decided to paint match it with my valve cover with the hammer finish black and that way this guy can just dry on it's own while the other dingy one is on my car. 


Nothing real major, but it's the little things. 


Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!