Preparing for Nisei 2012

I will be showing my car at the Import Showoff Nisei 2012 show, while I don't plan on getting any awards or a sweet magazine shoot offer (because my engine bay looks like a bag of dicks and I don't have fake racing seats and red fake bride fabric stitched everywhere). I do plan on seeing a bunch of friends and getting sunburnt.

Repainting all of the aero, and my garage S hood

I think it's a little excessive, maybe I'll do zipties in the back, or something because taking off my wheels just to remove 4 screws to take my my bumper and side skirts was SUUUUUUUUUPER annoying.

how long before I get a cop to fuck with me for this plate setup, no lights.


Donked the fuck out. LOL! the wheels look like 20's now. 
Car height hasn't changed at all, but that's basically how low the vertex lang kit would sit, without it on I have so much ground clearance it's retarded. I feel like i'm driving a sporty suv now. I have a few odd's and ends I need to fix on the car, mainly the e-fan.

I've decided if I keep the taurus fan, a toggle switch is out of the question, not that I forget to turn it on. But somewhere it had decided to quit and after 2-3 years of flawless operation the wire just can't take the heat and is melting my fuse box. So now I need to replace that, and will run a thermostat, switch setup (stand alone) in the engine bay right off the fan straight to the charge cable wiring.

That way 196degree's fan comes on, 165 it turns off all by itself, no more constant being on. I normally only run the car at night so I can get away without running my e-fans as long as I'm moving. Today put a huge stress on the car as it was almost 100 degree's and with that burning hot wire slowly chipping away at my electrical system I'm thinking it's best to switch to a mechanical clutch fan setup for the time being. But nobody fucking has an sr20 fan clutch, and fan laying around with a shroud avail. Shit is mind boggling that people throw Jamaican gold like that away.

I think the Taurus fan rules, and it cools awesomely for never having it's high speed setting ever come on in my car. But it just puts just as much as an electrical stress on the car as a clutch fan would put a mechanical stress. And I'm willing to give up 5-10hp for a clutch fan than get stuck dead in the water because of an electric fan taking out the nervous system of a car.

What are your thoughts on the matter? Hit the comments and discuss. 

-Wayne-

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!