4th Annual S-Chassis Car Show

Sat at work last night, realized it was the 8th, hey that s-chassis car show is on the 8th. I know John has tried to get me to come down again the last two years but my car looked like shit. I didn't want anyone to see it. I don't want anyone to see it or post pictures now because it's still not completely buffed or color sanded, paint is hazed in some area's and I still don't have my canards installed. Plus I want to paint the bottom of the hood black as well so maybe I can show off my ugly ass engine bay. (actually being able to see the red walking around the car is just ugly lol.

Anyway got off of work 5:30am co worker was late so 6am, cruised home washed car, drive to buddies house to help him change a tire out on his girl units car, got that done.


Hit the globo gym, worked on the pecs, because no pecs, no sex! Decided to drive up to crossfit pasadena to see if we wanted to work out with the homies, workout had deads and cleans and burpee's gotta take the good with the bad I suppose. Knocked that out FULLY TORQUED! Get back to buddies house, drive home, shower, sit and slowly slip in and out of conciousness at home. Take cold shower, get more coffee, drive to show. Phone dies as I hit my exit. Hit radio shack, buy phone charger. Proceed to show shoot the shit for 2 hours with the homies!

Arrive to show, nobody cares I arrive. walk away from car (SWARM OF FUCKING PEOPLE AROUND IT) 
John says pay attention to number on car, I forget, awards are called out. Nobody claims award for best s14, walk to my car. Oh hey I'm 123 guess I won.

Also I noticed the whole front end of my car had water spots all over it which would of been fucking impossible because I absorbered that bitch and microfibered it and hand buffed it to the point I could see the haze from the wetsanding that wasn't hit when it was originally buffed for Nisei. Lightbulb, buddies sprinklers went off while we were at the gym and they pissed all over the front of my car. UGH! going to have to elbow grease those fuckers out tomorrow!

My car's first trophy. Awesome thank you so much guys I appreciate it. 
I dismissed the excitement winning a trophy, I've been to so many shows and have been looked up by cars I felt were not up to par to mine but also am very familiar with the show car scene since I used to be in it back in the early 2000's and it all boils down to most money spent in a visual manner. Performance used to be a big thing back in the day when everyone street raced but nobody does that shit anymore and almost nobody takes an sr20 to a dragstrip to see who's the fastest. As long as it has enough hp to kick the wheels loose and is fun while looking "decent" is what s-chassis guys consider to be a good build.

Either way who cares, pretty humbling that someone likes what I'm doing.



There is at least 5 other posts with a bunch of bitter s13's owners crying about who won the trophy for best s13. It's hilarious, regardless if the guys car was not worthy in your eyes or not. It is up to the judges in the end. And instead of criticizing the judges, why not offer insight in a non tantrum manner on how they could judge more effectively and efficiently.

There were about 50-70 s13's they're all coupes and hatch backs. So basically the hatchback guys can't even be mad, and the one guy who has a shop backed car (sr20store.com btw) who felt he was going to walk away with a pot of gold got a slap of reality with his stock looking car.

imo there could've been a hatch category, and a coupe category, mild, wild, etc. But it's only the 4th year of this little gathering and on top of that there weren't no fucking trophy's when I went 3 years ago. It was a toy drive for children last time I attended. The word "CAR SHOW" seems to be cancerous to events especially when prizes are being handed out.

I didn't go to that show expecting anything, and I hope that the s14 owners who went don't feel like they were cheated out of anything since all of Zilvia thinks I have the shittiest car on the internet. What are you gonna do?

Till next time.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!