Just another day in LA

Car has been running good, I think it's super funny that the stupid replacement center cap I made out of comic book backing board and laminate is staying in place better than the 50 dollar kranze center cap that fell out. I should check with my peeps at Jordan Innovations if the replacement came in or not.


I normally don't park my car outside at work because I get that night moisture on it and it's pretty much like the shit rained on it and then blew dust all over the car yet again lol. Not really sure on our photography policy here at CBS but I didn't want a security guard coming at me with bolo's and shit for taking pictures of my own car.

She cut out on me the other day, I figured the wastegate was letting it overboost past 80mph which would be normal since it's old as fuck, or I had a boost leak due to a missing turbo stud, that doesn't seem to be the case either.

I haven't changed the plugs in almost 8 months but I just put highway miles on the car so it's not even a big deal, on top of the fact I normally only drive it at night and early in the morning before the sun is out. Here is the plug wear to show how the motor has been running.


Pretty normal wear on all cylinders, which is great. I took a wire brush and cleaned off the carbon from the tips anyway until I get some replacements, and some anti seize as well. didn't like the sound a couple of these made coming loose.

Anyway drove the car again, seemed a bit more stable but I could notice hiccups here and there, it's hard to tell sometimes if the car is missing a beat or if it's me not committing to the throttle and tapping it after letting off which gives that feeling the car is missing or dropping power not getting fuel etc.

So literally when I got home from the drive I took after the first picture, I parked my car in the street. Got ready to leave and the car died 10 feet from where I parked it, started back up, died, etc, etc. finally got a solid enough to put it in it's parking spot. So I already knew it was an electrical connection.

Negative battery terminal was money, positive was money, no corrosion anywhere I can see, everything locked down on the alternator, starter, fusebox combo. So today I started the car and wiggled wires to the fusebox to check for breaks or wear, and this guy just came right out of it's connector.


That blue/white is the ignition/engine on wire. apparently it just finally vibrated loose from it's crimp. These are things that you'll run into with cars like this which help you learn to make adjustments or plan better for your future wiring configurations.

I'm just too lazy to remove my dashboard and make a nice fuse plate and use a nicer fuse panel since this gets it done. Nobody see's this or appreciates the work put into it and it's not something I want to complicate working on. Went upstairs got a replacement crimp, snapped it on and we're back in business.

Car's running great.

Which made me pose the question, how many of you guys are putting 900+ miles a month on your non rebuilt sr20's and how is that working out for you? Do you track it, hard park it, or just enjoy driving and hearing that wooo wooooo when you let off of the gas?

sound off!

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!