Are you about that fiberglass life?

Let me bring you up to speed, I had all of my aero taken off, repaired and repainted back in July this year to have it ready for Nisei in August. I've been really happy with how the car came out, granted it still isn't completely cut and buffed. I still have yet to re-do my cannards and install them, and I couldn't afford to clearbra the front bumper like I wanted to. I have a huge obligation financially I've finally buckled down and committed to eradicating from my life so I can move along and enjoy that debt free life.

I know some of you guys who have some kind of major financial strain that's been hanging over your head for a while that you either decided to chip away at, or like me have decided to take a week and a half's pay  to chip away at it.

I don't have my own garage anymore otherwise I'd just take the car apart when necessary and set up a makeshift paint booth and redo my shit every 6 months. Well financially if I was able to that is. I've also been debating on weather I wanted to add flares to my vertex fenders or if I wanted to bite the bullet and go 20 or even 30mm BN for the front fenders so I can run man sized tires up front rather than the rubberbands I have now.

240sx problems I guess. Anyway I headed down to the Year IV event for the Chronicles hosted at Eibach Springs in Corona California. It's been a hot minute since I've been down to that part of the world, I had a good time. I didn't bother taking any pictures, but rather just spent time talking to the homies as you were supposed to at such an event.

So roughly about 6am I headed over to doughnut hut, a place where djmurdokphotos and simplysalem on instagram have been trying to put me onto since I work right by it. And anyway long story short I stopped at the Bank of America off Pass Ave, grabbed 20 bucks from the atm and was doing my usual angle out of the parking lot. And the bumper snagged some of the road out there. It made it's usual gut wrenching sound that fiberglass makes when it gets stuck nasty on something.

Still too dark for me to see shit, I get home around 6:30am and start to wash my car and then I notice it.


It was so damned dark outside still the flash blasted this picture. The fender split all the way up to where you see white paint and was hanging over the side of the front bumper.

Bout to carb load for the day, Whats inside of the box is none of your damned business lol. 
It really tears me up that the car looks so money right now and I'm going to have this big ass blemish in the paint. 
Rolling shot courtesy of Bradley Lim of Falken Tire, if you see him, ask for his autograph he's famous and shit! 
It's really hard to get a detailed shot but the paint is now spider-ing up to the hood and this paint will most likely start to chip off at a rapid pace. Just means I gotta see the paint man and make a weekend of it with my little bro once again. 
Anyway this is what it's like to pay the fiberglass price. I still got a shitload of thumbs up on the freeways I never cruise on and love from the police (and not the negative kind) in my city. This car is built for cruising and breaking necks, it's not a party car that is only driven on the weekends. So shit like this is expected, I imagine once I finally get a chance to have a bash bar fabricated it will take a huge relief off of the fenders here in the future.

I may also cut out the built in diffuser and make my own, only time and money will tell.

Assassins Creed III is out this week, you're all probably getting your lotion and napkins ready for Sema car's but I'm over here like "dem video game releases is coming" Because ain't shit coming out for the 300 fr-s' there have to do with my little old 240.

- Wayne

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!