The Chronicles Year IV

I made a previous post about being bout that fiberglass life, my car is like the black two face right now. Driver side is looking real pretty!

http://stickydiljoe.com/2012/11/06/year-iv-anniversary-meet-coveragepart-2/

Speaking of real pretty, who watches Treme on hbo? great show, I always think it's funny that the indians from madi gras get a nut off of how pretty their suits are. "I'm the prettiest" makes you wonder about the whole lil wayne and baby french kissing thing. Some people think that's gay, but now I'm starting to think shit like that is normal in New Orleans.

Random Tangent, I know.

However, read about this event over at stickydiljoe.com and many other cool Honda related things. I also just want to take a moment and say that I am a car enthusiast through and through. I have my likes and dislikes and come from a honda/toyota background. It's just what my family drives, it's what I have driven in the past and just because I own a nissan now and think my shit doesn't stink doesn't mean I dislike where I came from.

I think my favorite part of the scene is seeing a car in 2012 that I saw in it's infancy back in 2003-05 still being improved on. Hard for me to knock people who make cool cars, but it's hard for me to respect the bi-polar car builder. The one who buys a 5-8k car, dumps 50 grand into it and then gets a magazine feature then sells it to jump into their next money pit for either internet fame or to promote a fly by night shop that does sub par work. Or just to quickly join a car crew to put in a year or two of attention whoring before using the "I started a family" cop out or "I'm getting out the game" shit when nobody even knows who you are. That shit doesn't make any type of sense to me what so ever, where the fuck do these people even have the time or money to do shit like this?

I dunno just ponder about these things, don't really care much. I'm not big on the scene nor do I care what people think, I just like to spend a little money here and there when I have it and make my car the car I want to drive every day. I don't know what the word "weekend car" or "party car" means since the car pictured above is just a "daily driver" maybe some day I will. And then in 10 years you may or may not say the same when you see this car still with the same owner, with improvements and changes made to it.

random tangent over.

- Wayne

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!