Just checking in

It's that time of the season where everyone is spending time with their loved ones. Getting fat, etc, etc. 

My handsome little nephew Skyler. 

I've been really busy with a lot of things, not car related. 

candid And no I'm not wearing an artist cap. *gasp*

Pretending to know what I'm doing

It's still not done, need to fix the type all around the mural. But it's coming along. 


Simone has been running like a champ. After the de-beading I haven't had any problems with the car.

Getting back on the road again. 
The weathers been cold and wet, and she's handled greatly in the rain and this cold weather. It'd be nice if the heater worked still. Not sure how all of that got fucked up when installing the digital climate control but it probably has to do with the hoses for the most part. I'll eventually remedy that.

My fender is still fucked up, I still don't have the canards on the car, and I still have not cut and buffed the car. But to be perfectly honest I could care less.

ouch! 

I don't have a build thread that is updated on any sites, and I don't participate on any 240 based forums any longer due to the idiots who are all about moar low, lsx, etc, etc. EDIT: or as you can see by the comment left by those same users I no longer associate with down below. Just idiots in general.

2013 and beyond. 


My first legit speeding ticket with no other bullshit infractions since 2007. So excited!!! 22mph over the limit. Rebel without a cause! And that was just to pass a car while being tailgated. Not even frivolous speeding. 
I'm a little worried about registration, smog, and all that mess.... I've heard some bullshit about having to take the cars to certified smog stations in 2013. I never had built this car with the intention to do car shows or get sponsors or internet fame or on the cover of super street. I'm almost 100 percent sure you will never see my car in a magazine or see anything more of it off of this blog.

To be honest it's California, there is always a way around smog. So I'm never worried about that. I do have about 6-7 unpaid parking tickets so I'm expecting registration to run me anywhere from 1000-1200 dollars this year which is going to suck.

I just got informed that I'm losing my job with CBS as of January 23rd 2013 if I don't want to move to Atlanta, GA. That is just not an option (while it would alleviate all of my smog woes haha) I'm not ready to relocate out of California. This is my home, this is where my family is and my crossfit community that I love is as well.

I'm ready to make a lot of changes in my life health wise, career wise, etc. So it's just another hump to get over in a land of opportunity.

But lets touch back on this smog thing. I do have a spare sr20det that I had planned on building and throwing an efr turbo on, and as much as I want to do that because I think the sr20det is one of the easiest motors next to a honda b series motor to maintain. I am ready to make the move to an LSX motor once I tie up a lot of financial ends. And then work on my goal of getting the car like super legal/legit for the streets.

No more smog guy, no more bullshit, and the only thing I have to worry about are thieves and for the most part I'm not even worried about them any longer.

I wish I had something cool to show you to spark your interest in coming here but the car is pretty much built and does it's job and looks good doing it. At this point only unnecessary shit like sway bars, lug nuts, license plate covers, seats, dashboard, yada ya.

Either way thanks for reading and I hope you're enjoying your cars instead of finishing them and selling them becoming another "who was that guy again, with the car, the rad one, oh yeah, whatever happened to him."

-Wayne

Happy New Year




Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!