When you become sick and tired of your car.

I have been watching the temps in my car slowly creep up and I know how this fan controller works, the way I have it set. as soon as it his 85c it comes on and holds temp at 68c until it hits 65c then it turns off and repeats the process. Half of the time the temps in my car never even hit 85c unless I'm driving uphill in a spirited manner. 

So lately I've been seeing this a lot


And to be honest with you I see it randomly, sometimes the fan controller doesn't come on. But it's a probe type meaning the radiator has to be hot enough to give off the same temp I'm seeing on this guy right here. But if the radiator doesn't have any water in it, and there is nothing to send a heat signal to the fan controller, the fan controller doesn't come on. 

Makes perfect sense right? 




So what do you logically do when you open up your radiator and you see your coolant is topped off or gives the illusion that the radiator is full until it gets pressure or the coolant gets to boiling temps. Well it looks like a fucking tea pot when I remove the rad cap at a blistering 100 degrees Celsius and the coolant magically disappears. Luckily today there was enough light out for me to see that the coolant is sitting all over my tension rod front subframe thingamajig. (does that thing even have a fucking name?) I had been looking to see if the water pump had a leak, the hoses were fine. Topped off the coolant 3 times in the last week meaning the hole is getting bigger and worse. 



been poppin these bad boys like they're going out of style.
I know Griffin Radiators are infamous for having the posts at the bottom cause leaks, where it mounts into your lower core support. My radiator shouldn't of been experiencing any vibration or movement in that area. But neither did the other people who had the radiator break in that spot. From the looks of it the hole is in the fins (the core) itself which means a transfer pipe is fucked, which means I need to get a new radiator.

Which means I have to spend a few hundred dollars that I don't have for something I don't want to spend a few hundred dollars for.

It's just icing on the cake, the driver side door doesn't want to lock anymore, I have to do some shotgun cock with the door handle after I lock it to make sure it stays locked.

Car made it to a Falken Tire Shoot for their anniversary of drift (my shit doesn't drift)
Don't get me wrong, I love my car when it works, as slow as it is, as flawed as the paint is. Every time I get behind the wheel of my car I get a thumbs up from someone in a similar car or just a random car and that alleviates all doubt that I need to get this thing off of the streets.

A civic this low would have to take the day off because it was raining, not my 240 however. 
I've already had my run in with the infamous California star program. So far it's been an expensive run in, I'm 450 in the can on it. One guy fucked up and didn't run things before the law came into effect because they had their head up their ass. So now I am crossing my fingers my 150 dollars comes back from that. Then another guy charging double says he's got it taken care of. Well see if my tags show up, and this is just russian roulette.

California Drivers confused on new smog tests

Fact of the matter is all of these things just take all of the fun and reward out of driving my car. It's too low in the front, the bumper is getting destroyed again. If I raise it or tweak the suspension I have to get another alignment which is 120 dollars or I can buy 400 dollars in tires every two months like I had been doing the last 6 months. (add it up).

I don't even drift or track the fucking thing and I pay the same amount of money some kid who takes his car to the track on weekends does to fuck their car up. And why do I continue to put up with the insanity of driving this thing?

Awe fuck, something is wrong with my car again face. 
Those thumbs up don't give me the time back I waste wrenching on the car, I mean everyone loves getting a new part, but I'm sure a radiator is not that part everyone is excited to get.

I would love to buy another car or a used car but my credit sucks, it's probably the main reason why I drive my TOY car around every day. But enough is enough, I've been looking at newer cars and they're so cheap now a days someone has to be willing to make a deal. I see people with anti credit driving lexus' and all kinds of dumb shit they shouldn't even be in. So why the fuck can't I just get a 14k car, that gets me to a and b.

2013 Nissan Sentra
I walked up to a honda dealership with no money in my hands and said I wanted a honda fit, a few hours later I left with a honda fit. Granted 6 months later honda took that car back, and due to their shady financial practices tried to hit me with bullshit and they got sued and I won. Still negates the fact that the splash damage from that has me looking like a fucking idiot when I walk on a car sales lot now.

I'm at the point of desperation right now to where I am going to give in and start looking for a daily, it's just not worth it to me mentally to have to worry about. "Am I going to make it to work today" "I better bring my toolbag and extra fluids just in case"

I would much rather the car just combust in a fiery blaze of glory than to leave me with my thumb up my ass not knowing what challenge and mini pit crew stop I'm going to have to make today.


Lets not even get on the fact every time I raise my hood on my car to look in the engine bay the fucking nuts holding the hood to the hinges just fall out. (video will be coming soon.) Yeah that's safe, keep telling myself I need to head over to the shop and re-tap those because m7 is just the most awkward size EVER on a Japanese hood that goes on a car that primarily uses M6 or M8 bolts.

Seriously where the fuck is the logic when people make these parts?

I'm sorry that I had to rant, but seriously I just want to wake up. Drive to work, drive home and not have the hardest part of my day be THAT.

When I come home and my girlfriend says "How was your day honey?"

And I have to respond with "Work was easy, pretty good day, got some great news, oh and forget seeing me this weekend or that getaway we talked about, or that thing you needed because I gotta dump money and time into my car, just to make it another month or two to work before the next thing."

I would rather just have the most drastic dip in my income slaving away to a financial contract (OTHER THAN THE IRS) to know I don't have to worry about a random 2-800 dollar weekend to keep my daily driver running.

It's fucking bullshit and I'm just so fed up with it. I don't want to sell my car, that's not a solution and I refuse to take the hit financially trying to offload it. That's a sellout move, it's paid for and just needs a godamned break.

It's due.

Two of these cars do not belong in this picture, can you find them? 
I'm going to figure something out, my situation is going to get resolved and I'm going to bitch about it on my blog if I want to because it's my blog. But I know some of you guys out there feel the same fucking way.

- Wayne

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!