Selfie



Haven't driven Simone in almost 3 weeks, not because I don't want to. Mainly the whole needing to work on her bit is sort of a buzzkill. I just don't have or want to make the time. It should take me about 45 minutes to replace the radiator, but I want to re-locate the temperature probe for the e-fan while I have the fan shroud off. I originally wanted it on the driver side of the car but had to settle with the passenger side since I didn't want the wire dangling near any moving parts. With the shroud already on that didn't seem very logical.

So I want to actually take my time and not rush the replacement job, and it would be nice to replace the water pump while the car is apart. I haven't had any problems with the thermostat, so I don't really feel the need to replace that. Especially since money is sparse, that nice car payment came with a decent increase in insurance premium as well.

Needless to say, I don't want to start working on Simone, because that only makes me want to do more things to the car id rather not at this time.

I definitely need to head over to mom and dad's to get my spare door handle's so I can repair the fucking driver door in this thing. Would've been nice if the door rods didn't fall the fuck out of the driver door, I can't even jimmy the thing open. I have to tear the interior door cover off while it's closed somehow, then remove the window with the door shut, and then repair the opening assembly.

Not looking forward to that at ALL really. But maybe I'll finally be able to lock the door from the outside instead of just the inside once all is said and done. Or maybe I'll be sailing junkyards for a replacement door assembly in the future.

Poor car...


Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!