It almost seems like yesterday.

One of the first problems I had with this car was the fucking doors...

2008 back when the door opened and I had a garage to work in. 
So now...

Had to destroy the door panel to access the lock and rods. 
So you're probably going to say "why didn't you just open the door and take off the interior panel?" And I'm going to get pissed off by repeating myself endlessly.

SYMPTOM

The actual Door latch has gone bad, or needs to be severely lubricated. I've found a few threads where people have experienced the same issue. The only problem with mine is most of the rods have fallen off of the latch. So both door handles fully cranked do nothing, even manually stimulating the latch by hand will not open the door.

---------------

I'll need to get some really good pictures of the mechanism to see if their is something I'm not doing or where to hit it with some lubricant. Or if it's just not functioning properly, I think if I can fit a digital camera in there with a light I can get a better idea of whats not working.

Worst comes to worst, I'll have to make an incision on the door panel itself to access the lock to remove it, but I'll need a replacement latch if it is indeed no longer good otherwise my car will just have a door that can't stay shut.

Nothing a welder and some new paint can't fix. So I'm not tooooo concerned about that, I just hope it doesn't escalate to that point.

Other people have gone through greater lengths like replacing the door after cutting the old one off or even unbolting the door from the car and unscrewing the latch at the frame to come loose with the door LOL!

http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/404279-s14-door-lock-issue.htmlhttp://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/159149-anyones-s14-locks-messed-up-my-driver-door-wont-unlock.htmlhttp://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/479337-door-locked-shut-help-now-please.html
My favorite part about Zilvia is nobody posts how the fuck they fixed the issue, you know it eventually got resolved. This is why internet forums for the most part are completely fucking useless.

At least I'm not the only person this has happened to, I don't feel so bad. Other people drive their cars with stripped interior so I'm the first who had to break a fucking door panel in half.

nice!

Will report back if I have a solution for this.

-Wayne


Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!