Radiator, the story continues....

stupid piece of shit fan controller. 
I decided to work on my car saturday, I had already pulled out the radiator and fan previously, only to install all of this stuff on my s14 radiator I got from Jordan Innovations. I'm going to run an isis now, not that I think brand is deathly important. Quality however is, previously I had some super oversized e-bay radiator. Then I had an s13sr Griffin radiator in here that didn't belong.

Now I have an actual s14 radiator, so I need to buy some legit s14 radiator brackets up top since I've never ran them. And I was trying to sort out the best way to run the temp probe for my fan controller.

I've come to the following conclusion, any fan controller that doesn't monitor temp based off of water temperature is a flaming piece of shit. I drove the car around for a bit at 100 degree temps, now the probe itself was burning hot, to the touch. However, the other end of that wire the probe was connected to was cold to the touch. So it's not sending the temp to the circuit board to flip on the fan.

Second, it seems the board may have experienced a short or the relay went bad. I noticed the car kept wanting to shut off. I didn't move any wires around, and I didn't think anything of it. Figured since I hadn't driven it in so long it was being a dick head.

Sure enough I finally park the thing and take my keys out of the ignition, and the acc switch is still active?

WTF BBQ, curiously I disconnect the wire from the fan controller that comes into the cabin. sure enough. My car turns off, so the relay on the fan controller is most likely busted.

Back to clutch fan land. the last thing this car in particular needs is an electric problem. Fuck troubleshooting.

-Wayne

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!