So I found that leak on my radiator...

Radiator had me on one today, it should take a few moments to remove a radiator. Depending if you have the brackets to hold it to the core support or upper radiator support, blah blah. I kind of see why some people prefer tucked radiators or ones that bolt to the core support itself.

the radiator wasn't coming out. lol
Out of excess for personal reason's I wouldn't mind converting to a rear mount radiator setup for shits and giggles. Someday in the future I suppose, the car isn't my daily means of transportation anymore so I guess I can get a little more wild with simone.

Speaking of which I will send her off to my brother to get painted for the billionth time.

Anyway. I posted in a video in the last post that there was this slow leak, apparently the top of the radiator always had fluid in it, which made it look like it was full, but the return water was flying out of the bottom of the radiator. So the water never really was cycling through the motor, it was just getting pissed out of this hole.

Awesome!

The good news is that this radiator is completely repairable, the fins and core look good still. I didn't end up getting the pull through tabs to hold the cooling fan in place because it was mentioned that this is what possibly caused the leak. But it wasn't until I turned the radiator over I saw this. I was wondering why it was so hard to take this thing out of the car. Most radiators if they don't bolt in on the sides just have to stands on the bottom that you drop into a cradle, as you can see the rubber grommet is still attached to the other prong.

I literally had to pry the radiator out of the car. And I hear this happens ALL OF THE TIME with griffin radiators. http://nissanroadracing.com/archive/index.php/t-2587.html

Oh well. At least I have a spare, I will swap it in and hopefully drive my car around this weekend, that would be nice to wash it after 4 months ha!

Has it really been 5 weeks already? Dang! 

Pretty exciting stuff... I also got a screwdriver big enough to take off the damn door latches, so I'm going to try and repair the door lock on both of them this week. Might as well right?

That's all I have for you now.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!