Some forward progress!

I've been putting working on the car off because I didn't want to get all involved on my weekends working on it. I'm anal and I have maintenance ADD, so I'll start fixing shit that didn't really need fixing in the first place, just because.

There was still some light out when I got home so I decided to get a little greasy and try to troubleshoot this damn door latch again.

I feel really bad that I've let the car get so dirty, but seriously the whole lock thing has been a buzzkill. Even if I fix the door opening and closing, I still cannot lock/unlock the door from the outside of the car. I don't have a car alarm currently installed on the car.

It's not going to matter anyway since it's not going to get very far at all if anyone tried to take it lol. I make sure it's in a disabled state, and even then the radiator has a nice hole in it. You'll see in the video the leak just from idling, now imagine how much water it's losing when the water pump is at 5-6000 rpms.

Daaaang

Car ports, where dope ass street cars go to die. 

Another thing that I need to fix on the car is the ride height, I just had the car re-aligned the other day at city tire, but the front end of the car has been scraping it's ass off like I've lowered it another half inch or something. But I am pretty sure I've identified the problem, and if I would've caught it sooner I would still have an uncracked passenger fender.

This is my drivable height I like to keep the front at for clearance purposes. And yes it's touching the harness now. 

Passenger side has no gap, it lowered itself and the fenders been eating tire, so naturally making a right and not having my zip ties break off, ripped the fender. The rest is just cracked paint... *sigh* 

Something looks wrong here, this is the driver door lock. Figured pictures would help. 

This guy was just hanging out, I found a spring at the bottom of the door as well, I cannot figure out for the life of me where the hell it belongs. 

More angles of the same. Just looking for any and all moving parts. 


This is the passenger door, notice anything different? I hope at least that clip penetrating the white cover is still there on the driver side. I don't have a phillips big enough to pull the latch off to rebuild it in the house. May need an impact screwdriver as well. 
And well the end of the video will pretty much explain what the fuck happened and why my door wasn't opening. I've successfully tested it and the only thing that needs to be repaired is the functionality of the lock. I could completely be ghetto as fuck and just install an alarm with actuators to unlock the door as a bandaid.


Hella band aid, or I can just fix it. I'll probably never get my alarm from Desmon, I bought it back in 2008 when I bought the car and it's still in a box somewhere along with all of my spare keys. Eventually I'll drive down to the OC and grab that shit from him.

- Wayne

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!