Wekfest LA 2014 Part 1

I tend to spew a lot of thoughts out when I have downtime at work.  I have so many people to thank for the wonderful Saturday that transpired..

It all really started at Eibach in May. I was telling the homie Willy that I wanted to roll to wekfest LA this year and show my car, but I had no idea registration even took place. I know I saw a blip in my feed about San Jose selling out in minutes, but I never saw any mention of Los Angeles.

He told me that Mikey had a bunch of spots for Phaze2 cars, because when he grows up he wants to be like James (Floss Designs) and have all of his cars at the show, so to hit him up and see if I can take one.

Myself aka 137 or Om1kron, Ben "Stunnaben" Howard, and Willy "Salem" Garcia at Eibach 2014 in Lake Elsinore, CA
So as I was standing in line at Chipotle that next week, I hit up Mikey to see what's good. And sure enough He had some extra spots left, Phaze2 has gotten so damn big since I was introduced to them back in the Honda-Tech days, I still have no idea who the hell isn't a member.

It's such a cool thing to see, when I was active in the car scene THE crew was AMSEVEN. It was my goal to be a part of AMSEVEN back when I had my EM1, that never came to fruition. That's really a long story for another day, originally the first time I met Mikey Christi and Henry Mendez (according to my knowledge are the original two members of Phaze 2) was at the local Camp 1320 Motorsports meet in Northridge California. Like back in 2004 10 years ago to this day.

I clicked with Henry right off the bat because we're both Panamanian. What's funny was I always thought him and Mikey were really brothers LOL!

And now, man... Phaze2... I'm really proud of these guys and how far along this family has grown...

Thats really all I need to say about that, there is never any fakeness in the air when I hang out with these guys. Some real life fast n' furious life bonding shit going on without all of the racing and gtr gear shifting.

Meeting all of the new members like Mark, Joey, Dougie, Salem, Murdok, Mauricio, Noel, Hubert everyones significant others. It brings back so many memories of why I really got into cars in the first place. It never really mattered what you drove, it was always about the friends you make along the way.

Anyway, before I get all fucking sappy and shit. I had a lot of things I wanted to do for wekfest, one was just to wash the car, repaint my tail lights, and buy some front tires that fit my fenders. The last time I did a show was Nisei in 2012 (the nisei race), I've done "meets" since but not really any shows. It doesn't matter if it's a meet, a big show, or whatever. You don't want to be the guy who shows up in a neglected piece of shit.

I had a lot of things I was debating about getting done before wekfest, one of them was replacing my t25, which finally wore out it's bearing and started burning my oil. This was something I was not looking forward to at all, options were also severely limited due to time and budget.

I didn't want to put another used t25 on there, rebuilding wasn't an option due to a possible imbalance of precision balanced parts causing early failure, and I honestly didn't want to buy a t28 because that would've required a re-clocking kit, along with a few other items.


But once I dropped 700 dollars on my friend Steves T28 that's been used all of 3 times all for dyno pulls. I knew it was all downhill for my wallet from this point, mainly because I wanted to buy a new television with the money in my bank account, but I also neglected the fuck out of this car due to my daily. And now I'm paying for it with failing parts, once that itch starts up again, you start sliding that card and throwing them greenbacks until you go to buy dinner and ask yourself where the fuck all your money went so fast.

I'll jump into my friday in the next entry because this shit is already too long for my own attention span.

Thanks for reading!

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!