Wekfest LA 2014 Part 4 - The End

What seems like a few days since I've posted last, is the type of vacation I needed after wrenching on the car itself. Unfortunately like many others grinding it to the last minute, there was no sleep to be had.

I got home from Jeff's shop around 7am, I couldn't get a hold of Mikey which was to be expected. So I'm like do I go to the Queen Mary, maybe everyone is meeting up at HQ, but I've never been to hq, who the fuck is awake right now to even check their phones. Luckily I was able to get a hold of someone, because if not I was just going to roll into my bed and say fuck it haha.

Hell I wouldn't of minded an extra set of hands last night, besides Jeffs, but he came by just to make sure I was not in need of any help to focus on our buddy Robert and his uncomfortable sex groans he kept making.

I guess it's only natural for Robert since he was handling two black long shafts at the same time, noh8.

I was covered in grease, my back and toes were sore as fuck from standing under the lift all night, and I cursed myself for dropping almost 300 dollars on a greddy oil filter relocation kit, but not spending 200 dollars on the proper drain tube and new oil lines while I had the chance.

This is what lurks under the hood now. Still a very simple and effective setup. 

I think I would be lying if I said I'm going to replace my lines with black ones, because the only way that T28 is coming off again is if that motor comes out of my car, or it gets replaced with the borg warner setup I want to buy from full-race.

I honestly hate taking anything off of the hot side of my motor.... But I can always rant about that another time.

I didn't even have time to fuck with the suspension, the car definitely needs to be corner balanced and re-aligned. passenger front was rubbing pretty bad, I never had to hammer in the wheel tubs up front. But they started eating at the tire trying to turn it. So that can be addressed another day!


Made it to HQ, rolled out with the homies waiting for everyone else to show up. We made it down to the Queen Mary, rolled on in. Kenny from Wekfest hit us with the admission stamp like dude from oldboy hit everyone in that hallway at the end with an axe. (after we paid admission of course). A few start and stops later, we here....

I honestly have no idea who took this picture. I would love the original. 
There really was no media documentation after this point, my car was dirty, I was running on fumes, everyone else was running on fumes. The rest of the day seemed like a blur, I spent 2 hours cleaning the car with microfibers and quick detailer and picked this time to install my window visors, all in front of the Rays booth.

Feeling all types of nostalgic since my previous wheels were volk's haha!

Salem and Murdok wanted to hit the breakfast buffet, I was going to return with a vengeance, last year I missed the buffet and ended up getting a sandwich. This year apparently was no different only that we ALL MISSED THE FUCKING BUFFET!

I did however score these bomb ass fish tacos
Smashed some calamari and fish tacos, then had a hot coffee, walked back to the show with the homies, car was finally moved into it's place. We decided to skip the drivers meeting, I guess that's where you filled out forms for your car to be judged or some shit.

Thank you Doug for moving my car for me, you're the second person I've let drive it. 
Who cares about all of that shit, I've been going to these things for years. I've seen the cars that win shows, and the cars that should've won at shows, and the cars that downright didn't fucking belong at the shows.

My car, is my car, it is not a magazine car, it is not a trophy car, it's not a track car, it's not a drift car. It simply is my point of zen. I enjoy it as it is, and I felt the car in it's current state was presentable enough to show with the likes of all of my Phaze2 friends. I don't have unnecessary seats to have seats, I don't have really nice polished bits (although I would LOVE THEM) I don't even have an aftermarket steering wheel. Everyone thinks I have a boost gauge on my steering column, it's a temperature gauge for my radiator because the oem one stopped working.

And while I may seem like a huge asshole on the internet, I am very humble about what Simone is, and what she isn't. And I've never expected to receive anything for the work that I've put into my car, a nod from a fellow enthusiast is all the recognition I could ever ask for.

@phaze2christina was someone standing over my lifeless body to take that picture on the upper right? lol
With that said, I found a nice spot in the grass next to Mikey after everything seemed to calm down, shot the shit with him for a few minutes and talked to Christina about wod cheating crossfitters and that's about all I can remember for a few hours.

I woke back up, Mikey was up and at em, he asked me if I had some judging something on my car of if it was entered or whatever. I remember saying "my car ain't going to win shit, I don't care." and another few hours of blackness passed by.

The sun finally decided to take a hike, I woke up and zombied my way around the show for a bit, took pictures of cars of interest and every other damn car that had a set of LXZ's. I said if I could find 10 pairs I would put my wheels up for sale, shit is getting ridiculous.

Flat Faces, EWE!!! 

While this one doesn't have the biggest lips, at least they got it right and got the Concave faces. 

Flat in the front, concave in the rear. Totally could sacrifice a half inch of lip up front for concave faces. 

LXZ Combo Breaker, this is like showing up to a party and you both have the same shoes on. 

Unfortunately I couldn't find 10 pairs of LXZ's at the show, so I guess we'll run these a little longer. Should have a few more years before everyone jumps on the next cool wheel.

Oh is that a blanket, don't mind if I do.
I think they were giving out awards at this point... I'm over here just trying to take a nap in all of this trash haha.

I couldn't even remember who it was that woke me up, they were like oh man car looks good, great to see you again, you look tired so I'll holler at you later. And we exchanged daps, whoever you were silhouetted person with the glaring sun behind you. Sorry the answering service was in full swing lol.

But the best news was that the show was almost over, yay!

Congrats Everyone
After my tirade about awards, turns out damn near everyone walked away with something.

  • VW got best euro or something
  • Mike got best 3 something Z of show
  • Mark got best ass fucking of show and honorable mentions for best cream pie. 
  • White dude got best sunburn of show. 
  • Noel got best TRA Rocket Bunny car of show
  • Salem got best graffiti of show
  • Mikey got first place for the least fucks given about getting an award at the show. 
  • That hand got best manicure of the show. 
I'm sure I got all of the categories for all of these wrong. I'm not mocking wekfest in any manner for the awards given, but rather the controversy behind who wins what at shows. 

In short, who fucking cares, if you went and had a good time. That is the point. Superstreet and Honda Tuning both no longer exist so the chances of anyone getting their hands on an article of how great your car is or what's going on over here, in this scene in general are slim to none now anyway. 

You will only read about wekfest on blogs like this or stickydiljoe, or fatlace, or naritadogfight. And you still may not end up seeing your car, not due to bias alone, but the sheer fact that if you're not paid to give a fuck. 

Then you won't be donating fucks to charity.

Wekfest LA was a godamned blast, and while I don't have a bazillion pictures of every waking moment for you to vicariously enjoy. It will go down as one of the best automotive events I've been to in YEARS. 





After the show we headed over to Gen Cheese Sauceless BBQ for dinner... I ate until I was uncomfortable, and then I ate some more. 




I don't even like to drink anymore, but how could I say no to Hubert, I love that guy...

Kanpai

- the end - 

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!