Racebred Components Splitter.

I saw my friend edgar had a splitter made for his car and he used some rx-7 brackets and retrofitted them to his Nissan Z32. I weighed some of the options from their site and figured the rx-7 brackets were the way to go. I originally offered to bring my car down for them to scan it or whatever they do to design their brackets and they just sent me instructions on how to get a custom splitter made. 


I took a tracing of my bumper and mailed it off to RBC after finally biting the bullet to make this purchase, I also added a set of the tire spats. I just figured it would look cool and they're not too annoying of a modification. Below is the proof they sent me based on the tracing I did, I asked for them to make mine 2 inches, I think they do upwards of 4-5 inches for their splitter blades. Just keep in mind you'll most likely have to go pick your splitter up and they don't drill any pilot holes in custom splitters. 

Unfortunately my little vlogging camera was not doing to hot taking pictures, I'll eventually have a video up by the end of the weekend. I'm too pooped to throw anything together tonight. 





this image is not double posted, I took a slightly different picture from the same angle. 



vibes and my inspiration. I'll probably do a tow hook on the shock tower too someday. 



There is still some gaps between the bumper and the splitter so I ordered a pair of these and I'll mount them to the oem bumper support, towards the edges of the bumper but behind the bumper. I don't want exposed rods, the splitter isn't long enough for that. 

All in all the install just took a lot of time, a lot of eyeballing, removing and putting items back on the car to figure out where to bolt things in, where to drill stuff and even after making the holes. I had to use a router to elongate my holes on the splitter so I could have some up down play with the elevator bolts as well as left right play. 

You'll see the video soon enough. Need sleep 

-Wayne

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!