Carbon Fiber Gurney Flap for Kouki Wing

Been a while, still waiting on some odds and ends and mainly motivation to start working on the car again. I'm in no rush to get it back together and with the holidays coming up I'm not trying to get in too deep with spending any cash and stretching myself thin into the new year. 

Ordered a Greddy Diff cover, and a bunch of odds and ends since it's time to finally service my diff, it's been almost a month and nothing has been heard regarding my order. I'm bout one more cancellation away from just giving up on owning one. 

Here are some bigger and hopefully detailed pictures of the Gurney Flap I got from some aero shop down in the Dominican Republic, took about 2 months for them to make, it's made off of a mold. I mean structurally it looks pretty good but there will be a lot of massaging on my part for it to fit the way I want it to fit. 

Still not sure what my mounting solution is going to be for it, wish it kind of had some recessed mounting holes on the bottom. may have to nutcert the wing, I'm not going to strictly rely on double sided tape or rivets. 




I tend to have a problem with getting into one project and starting another, I remember I tried putting digital climate control in the car while I was in the middle of re-doing the entire chassis harness. That was stupid, it only took 10 years for me to re-do it pin to pin and document the whole process since forums are a thing of the past. Even if information is there most of the time it's expired. 

superawesomeracing splitter supports showed up as well. Just been too exhausted to try and meddle, was considering making an airdam for the splitter where it meets the bumper, I hate the little gap, but maybe I just need to nut up and finally shave my bumper down. May possibly end up buying two more of the splitter supports to go just slightly in front of the racebred brackets but still behind the bumper. 

You know, aesthetics. 


Been thinking a lot about starting to go back to the gym as well, don't think I'm going to be all gung ho, social media hoe about it. Comes in waves, just dislike the culture and the environment, but also don't like being 260. We'll see, I always get motivated and life and how I deal with it have it's own plans. 

But other than that hopefully we're good to go soon. 

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!