Finally checked some items off

Hey ya'll been a hot minute, aside from pictures I've posted on IG I've thrown a few youtube videos together if you didn't get a chance to take a look or just don't care. Either or haha! 

While some create content for some kind of fame or clout I can honestly say. Blogging/vlogging things I've done to my car are like a maintenance checklist, there may be something I'll have to take a look at years after I ddi it and I may have forgotten everything under the sun concerning what I originally did or what not.

I cannot tell you how many times just blogging/vlogging this shit has SAVED MY ASS. 

Anyway! I'll post the last two videos I dropped here and move on with this post. 

For today, we changed the master cylinder, last time I got all of the brakes on the car I was going to try and knock this out and noticed none of my lines would even fit or orient properly into the z32 master, so I just ordered some replacement lines from GKTech. 



I get pretty paranoid about softlines and putting them by the turbo, just brake fluid next to a turbocharger period. Seen way too many cars go up in flames, speaking of which I should put a fire extinguisher in my car. 

Popped the old bugger off 

Didn't take many pics of the new one, me thinks. I did hit the vacuum line bracket with some black trim paint before putting it back in. Not sure why the oem one is some weird greyish green. 



I think if I was running these lines along the top of the firewall I probably wouldn't of put the fire sleeving on them, it just so happens I had some left from my turbo drainback and decided to make use of it. The lines are running along the steering rack. I will need to get some type of mounting clamps or such to prevent them from vibrating. 

Speaking of which I saw the turbo drainbacks screw clamps have been making contact with the steering rack yoke for some time now and started to eat away at the material when I turn. Guess it could be worse (no pictures) but just goes to show you the smallest things can cause the biggest inconveniences. Glad it didn't cut it down enough for the yoke to break. 

Anyway I didn't want to drop 30 dollars on a junkyard molex connector for the brake reservoir, although I think at the end of the day it would've made me aesthetically happier cause this shit is *barf* 


For 30 bucks this isn't a bad tool, but I still don't feel like the brakes are bled properly. Pedal feel requires some pumping to get firm, although it does look like all of the calipers have reacted to said pumping. Next time I go back I'll make sure to put some silicone paste on the threads of the bleeders to seal them. The PSM bleeders are hella wonky so I think all of the air this thing was sucking out was from the threads of the bleeders more than the lines themselves. 

Welp there is a video of the day, its' like 10 minutes, if you don't want to listen with someone who has ADD ramble on about their car, just skip it or skim it. Up to you. 




Ordered these blanks to replace my coin holders and they just so happen to be the perfect item to hold the air tank buttons for my front and rear air cups, I used a dremel to fish out some space for the support nut to fit (silver thing at the base of the cylinder) and then just drilled a hole at the center of that and used a stepper drill bit until I was able to slide the button in and twist it into place. 

Seems to be super secure and money, I will be removing the dash again pretty soon, just a lot of other odds and ends before going down that long and shitty road since my interior is a complete disaster at the moment. 

I am also delusionally tired so I'm going to end on that note, thank you for reading if you did. Check out the vids if you want. Always love feedback, shooting the shit with other people and so and such! 

-Wayne

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!