It's so hard to say goodbye.

With the evolution of our cars comes the part where you need to say goodbye to key components that made your car what it is over the years. Since I've purchased my new LXZ's and have had them since last year it's almost summer time and they still remain in boxes behind my television.


I had come to the realization as much as I wanted to keep the volk racing gt-u's due to sentimental value they deserve to live a life of being used. In whichever way that is fit, they're the perfect setup for an s13 due to the 17/18 stagger. I've tried countless times to find a set of similar sized 18's for the front and another set of 17's to sell a pair of those off to some honda kid or 240 kid who's content with 17's. That never happened and due to the fact I live in an apartment and do not have a sweet man cave car fortress (garage) the GT-U's had to go.

A lucky young man named Conan had been in discussion with me to purchase the wheels, and normally because he's not in California I figured it was someone blowing smoke up my ass and going to lowball me and he accepted what I wanted for the wheels and covered shipping so as soon as everything clears I'll dismount the wheels, remove the tires and send the wheels to their new home in Chicago.

I just wanted to take the time to share some of the older blog posts with my wheels in them as the Volk Racing GT-U is a wheel I've loved since I first saw it sometime back in 2003 and told myself I'd own a set someday.

I also wanted to make the wheels candy apple red, this originally was an idea I had set out to accomplish with my first set of Volk Racing CE28n's but I never got around to owning a set (Although I still may buy a set of those as well someday and carry out the tradition of red volks) 


800 dollars later the wheels returned painted and re-assembled and man I couldn't be happier with how they came out. 


Since then the wheels have become the topic of hate and discussion. And quite frankly I could care less of other peoples opinions because I loved them, I still love them and it saddens me that they have to go so my car can continue to evolve but such is life. 

Here are some pictures I took the other day to show how the wheels have faired after 3-4 years of daily driving in southern California. 







All's well, ends well. 

Thank you for making my car complete for the last 4 years of my life, we had a short time together but you were the personality that made my car mine and we're going to miss you. 

-Wayne

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!